Monday, December 31, 2007

On The First Day of Christmas My True Love Gave To Me...

A heart tag charm bracelet from Tiffany!

My Christmas was off to a good start when Pen and I exchanged presents in the wee hours of Christmas Day. The sneaky husband had wrapped up the blue Tiffany box in wrapping paper (which I had bought) so I had no clue what it was. But as soon I peeked into the slit and saw that familiar blue, I yelled out in delight and gave him a huge hug. He tried to calm me down and cautioned that it might just be a box but I already knew he’d gotten me what I’ve been pining for for the past few years. Turned out he bought it for me while he was in Yokohama recently. OOooo...how sweet!

Here's a photo of us with our respective gifts. I got him a Canterbury jersey polo shirt (he's wearing it) and a pair of berms to match.

We had a lovely break over Christmas and spent some quality time with the family. On Christmas Day after church service, the Thie father and ladies made our way to the Gold Coast to visit Auntie Helen and family at Jacey’s house by the river while the Thie brothers went off to do their yearly tradition - play golf at Oxley golf course. We also met up with Uma and family at Surfers Paradise. Hui and I laid out a towel and sat on the beach with Daddy while Xiao Xiao amused herself with the sand. The boys finally tore themselves away from golf at 5 and met us at Jacey’s for dinner.

Over the next few days, Pen and I spent our time relaxing, sleeping in, Boxing-Day shopping, cleaning and gardening. We also watched heaps of movies in our home theatre. It was heavenly just being able to get out of our daily work routine and do pretty much whatever we felt like doing without having to stick to a plan.

Christmas is a true reflection of God’s love. The festive season brings with it so much joy, love and warmth and knits families and friends’ hearts together. I hope you guys had a blessed Christmas too!

More photos below:

Thie Christmas Party on 23rd - Thie newlyweds with Xiao Xiao, Jess and Nick.

EMP Christmas Drama Cast

Xiao Xiao and me at church after Christmas drama

Lights at Calamvale Neighbourhood

Thies out on a Light Adventure

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year sweetie!! *hugs*

ally said...

Looking at these pictures... It gives me a whole new meaning to the word "bittersweet". :(

I MISS YOU GUYS!

huaiky said...

awww, you are dearly missed too! *hugs*