Monday, October 08, 2007

Addicted to Jewellery

I was in jewellery heaven yesterday when Pen took me to Thousand Island Dressing at New Farm after church. My workmates told me I could find heaps of gorgeous AND affordable jewellery there and I've been salivating ever since.

After days of anticipation, you can imagine how mesmerised I was when I finally stepped into the shop. There were shelves and shelves of earrings, necklaces and bracelets, arranged according to colour and racks with bags of all shapes and sizes. Hee hee! I lost count of how many times I "oohed" and "ahhed" as I pranced around the shop.

Needless to say, Pen was the only male "customer" there. He was really patient and quietly followed me around the shop. When he got bored, he politely excused himself - once to get money out of the ATM and once to get a drink.

After touching and trying on every other second thing in the shop, I emerged a happy customer, adding a charm bracelet, a matching necklace and two pairs of earrings to my accessories collection! Which I must add, Pen generously paid for.

Ahhh...the joys of being married... :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Karin!!!!!!!!!!

WAtsup!!! Gosh its been so longgg! Remember me still????????

Calvin

huaiky said...

Hi Calvin,yes of course. How have you been?

ally said...

Y'know, I think I might have been there before. The Paddington outlet though. But yeah... I remember ooh-ing and aah-ing at everything too! Damn, if only I had more time in Brissie... :(

huaiky said...

yes ally! we have been to the paddington one! that one's much bigger though. :)

Anonymous said...

Wanna say Congratulations to u (hope its not too late), I was just surfing and then I saw ur blog,and its U!..its really u! :D.. Well life been good so far.. hehe cant deny that. I am ENGAGED! hehe..going to tie the knot soon.If the job doesnt tie me first hehe..
Ive been here and there for the past few years, switzerland most of it and Lichenstein, now I am back with IBM in Malaysia.
Really glad to know you r doing so good now :) Say hi to ur hubby for me ok.. Im ur longest CHAT FRIEND Ever..
hehe

Anonymous said...

oppss forgot to put my name there

its me Cal.. hehe

izzy said...

OMG! Ranger got to know this. a good reason to bring him this mth. im turning 24! haha. when u free to go DFO? u r the busy one.