Monday, October 22, 2007

Banana Pancakes & Boardgames

I had a pretty good weekend - managed to take time off to relax, chill out with Pen, watch a DVD and even hang out with an old friend.

On Saturday morning, playing the good wife, I got up early and cooked pancakes for the sleepyhead. It was rather yummy I must say. I had mine with butter, maple syrup topped with bananas. Pen had his just like mine, except with ice cream, a lot of ice cream. Haha.

In the afternoon, we went to Garden City and bought ourselves a couple of boardgames. :) K-Mart was having a promo -20% off all boardgames. Yipee! I've wanted to get some games for the longest time. I figured it would be a good way to spice up our evenings together at home. Some of you may not know this, but my husband gets extremely excited whenever he plays boardgames. Think Monopoly. It's an incredibly adorable sight.

After much deliberation, we bought Mastermind and Cranium. Mastermind because I'd told Pen weeks ago that I wanted to challenge him at it and Cranium because it just looks like so much fun!

Needless to say, we had a go at Mastermind the moment we got home. Guess who won. :p

On Sunday, Izaeel came over to hang out. We watched Clueless on the big screen, talked about her new business idea and just lazed. It was so nice to have another girl in the house for a change. It's her birthday this coming Saturday and we're gonna go see JT together! Woohoo!

Before I end, can I just say... We now have air con!!! It makes a huge difference having air con in the house, not that the temperature is sweltering or anything. It's just not the same when you can kick back, relax, lie on the couch, watch a movie on the projector and have the AC blowing cool air on your back. Y'know?

5 comments:

ally said...

Ooh!! Cranium's pretty cool! Let's play it next time I'm over. ;)

And don't tell me Pen actually lost at Mastermind!? Hahaha... Perhaps I should play against him. It might just be my only chance at winning! Ha!

huaiky said...

erm no. he did not lose.

ally said...

Dammit!

Anonymous said...

hahahaha Mastermind!! so fun!! Let's play when we next meet!! We'll beat Pen. Together. hah ;p

izzy said...

The last time i watched clueless was after my PSLE with my mates. That is 12 years ago! OMG!!!!! IT was cool. We shld hang out more often. Ive uploaded JT Concert video on my blog