Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Rendezvous

Pen took me out for dinner last night at Breakfast Creek Hotel to celebrate our 5th year anniversary. We still can't believe we've been together for that long. It still seems like yesterday that we started dating.

We had our meal in a lovely area called Spanish Garden. Pen's ribeye steak was pretty good but my barramundi was somewhat disappointing. Lesson learnt: Never order anything else when dining in a restaurant famous for its steaks. Well the good thing was, at least I didn't walk out of the restaurant feeling like I've stuffed my face with food.

Pen getting excited about his steak


Pen and me

After dinner, Pen and I went to Portside Wharf for a walk. It was really quiet as most of the shops and restaurants there are closed on Mondays. It was not as breath-taking as usual but still beautiful. I looked at the apartments situated along the river, green with envy. I told Pen that if we sold our land and half-constructed house at Wellington Place, we would be able to move into one of these luxury apartments. He didn't seem to bite. Hmm...wonder why. Must be because that would mean he won't be able to do his gardening. Hehe.

Anyway, we had a really nice and simple evening to ourselves. I'm just thankful I have someone who loves me and who laughs with me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like the two of you had a great time at dinner. But why, oh why, did you order fish when the steaks there are absolutely superb!?!?!?!?!??!

=P

huaiky said...

ohhh shuddup. i already learnt my lesson. :( haha. nah, i didn't know what possessed me at that time but i didn't feel like having steak.

ally said...

You didn't feel like having steak?!?! *jaw drops*

Anyhoo, I can't believe it's been 5 years!! Seems like just yesterday Penny was talking you into having ice cream with him at South Bank. Sneaky bugger. Heheh. ;)

I miss you guys! Yes, even Pen too! :p

Anonymous said...

hahahaha. FUNNY ally, funny.

I feel like having a steak now. =P