Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A Farewell Dinner

Pen and I met up with Chris on Monday evening for a fare dinner at Hanaichi in the city. Chris used to be from LEWIS Sydney and I had worked with him on a couple of accounts when I was still in Singapore. We become friends over the years, “bonded” by the fact that he’s a Brisbanite and I used to live there. But there’s more!

Till this day, I still can’t get over how bizarre it is. When Pen met him for the “first” time over lunch at West End, Chris stopped dead in his tracks. They know each other! Turned out they used to work at Big W together. Oh my gosh, how uncanny! So yes, I told everyone at LEWIS about it and they couldn’t believe it either.

Anyhoo, Chris is leaving for Japan very soon. His girlfriend is Japanese so they’re moving to get married there. She doesn’t know this yet but he has this grand plan of proposing to her when the cherry blossoms bloom in Kyoto. Awww...

Pen, me and Chris at the sushi bar in Hanaichi. Yes that’s right, Pen actually ate sushi that day!

2 comments:

ally said...

So does dear ol' Penny like Sushi now? Shall we take him to a Sushi buffet when he gets here? Heh.

huaiky said...

Hahaha, no lah. It was done in the name of lurrrve. :p