Saturday, March 15, 2008

Feels Good to Be Home

It's my second day in Singapore and I’m having a great time so far. I’ve missed home so much that even the heat here couldn’t dampen my spirits.

I already started my shopping spree yesterday when I went to Parkway with my mum. Clothes and shoes are so cheap here compared to Brisbane – so really, by buying things in bulk now, I’m actually saving money. Riii-ght? Yes.

Today, I met up with the
Ally, Dia and Nessa for lunch at Foo House in Simpang Bedok. One thing about being away for so long is that I get my personal guide to take me around. Dia so kindly volunteered to meet me at a bus stop near her house where she then walked with me under the sweltering heat to take number 10 all the way to Bedok. All this trouble when I could have taken number 2 straight from Eunos. My guide was a bit misguided I think.

Anyhoo, it was soooo good to see the girls again. I know I always say this but it feels like I haven’t left at all. One thing I love best about us is that we can always pick up where we’d left off no matter how long or short I’ve been away. We still laugh over the same jokes and amuse ourselves with each other’s quirky habits.

I’ll blog more over the next few days I’m sure. For now, I’ll leave you with some pictures we took today.

The girls and I at Foo House

Our entree - Beef Goulash and Pumpkin Soup

My beef burger


Dia's roast duck

No comments: